THE FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
Immokalee Health Education Site
The FSU College of Medicine is pleased to announce an Open Rank faculty position for Clerkship Coordinator at the Isabel Collier Read Medical Campus – Home to the Program in Cross Cultural Medicine and Immigrant Health.
FSUCOM is a community-based school with the mission to educate and develop exemplary physicians who practice patient-centered health care, discover and advance knowledge, and are responsive to community needs, especially through service to elder, rural, minority, and underserved populations.
Job Title - Clerkship Coordinator, 12 Months Salaried - Open Rank Professor
Job ID Immokalee Health Education Site - Medicine 46942
Location Immokalee, Florida
Type -Full-Time / Regular
- Direct clinical service in the Family Medicine department of Healthcare Network of SW Florida (.70 FTE). This department serves adult patients.
- Academic responsibilities (.30 FTE)
- Serve as preceptor for years 3 and 4 medical students and SCP students and supervisor for resident rotations.
- Work closely with the Clinical Health Psychology fellows in clinical health psychology for delivery of integrated care model.
- Provide mid-rotation and end of rotation observations for medical students in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Pediatrics rotations.
- Coordinate medical education at the Immokalee Health Education Site in collaboration with Program Manager (to include scheduling of rotations, preceptor coordination, scheduling of faculty development, FOSCE’s and presenters for Doctoring 3 course).
- Serve as medical education liaison between FSUCOM and HCN.
- Participate in weekly Doctoring 3 class as lecturer and as facilitator with outside presenters.
- Meet weekly with medical students on rotation for Clinical Rounds.
- Attend out of town Clerkship meetings twice per year.
Additional position information
- Opportunity for applied clinical research.
- Participation in Faculty Development offered through the Office of Medical Education as per FSUCOM guidelines for clinical faculty.
- This position reports to the Regional Director of Southwest Florida.
- Administrative support for this position will be provided by the Program Manager.
- Work schedules will be developed and coordinated between the HCN Medical Director and the Regional Director.
- MD or DO from an accredited institution.
- Valid Florida Medical License, or ability to obtain.
- Currently hold a Board Certificate in Family Medicine, or ability to obtain.
- Experience working with underserved/immigrant population.
- Bilingual Spanish.
- Eligibility for medical credentialing at Healthcare Network of SW Florida.
Elena Reyes, PhD, Professor. Regional Director Southwest Florida
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf