CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Minority Serving Institution Fellowship
DEADLINE: Friday, January 10, 2020
Are you a faculty member from a group traditionally under-represented in the applied social sciences, public health or education working at a Minority Serving Institution*? Are you looking for an opportunity to participate in professional development opportunities, expand your professional network, and improve your knowledge and understanding of topics related to evaluation, assessment, and applied research?
The American Evaluation Association (AEA) is now seeking applications from those interested in participating in the Minority-Serving Institution (MSI) Faculty Initiative. This initiative will bring a cohort of faculty from MSIs together throughout the 2019-2020 academic year and into the fall of 2020 to participate in webinars, the AEA Summer Evaluation Workshop Series, and the AEA annual conference.
Program Purpose: The overall purpose of the initiative is to increase the participation of evaluators and academics from underrepresented groups in the profession of evaluation and in the American Evaluation Association. The MSI Faculty Initiative identifies this group of potential and practicing evaluators by drawing from faculty at MSIs. The program focuses on:
- Broadening their understanding of evaluation as a profession; and
- Strengthening their knowledge of evaluation theory and methods through workshops, webinars, mentoring and experiential projects.
Program Goals: The goals of the program are to help faculty at MSIs to:
1. Enhance the evaluation activities and/or curriculum in their departments or universities
2. Orient students to evaluation as a career/profession
3. Disseminate information about evaluation and AEA to colleagues
4. Expand their knowledge of evaluation; and
5. Encourage collaborative writing projects that reflect cross-disciplinary ideals
To learn more about program eligibility and components, click here. All materials must be received by Zachary Grays at the AEA offices on or before January 10, 2020. Click here to apply for this year's MSI Fellowship.
Want to learn more about the MSI Fellowship? Contact MSI Coordinator Dr. Art Hernandez via firstname.lastname@example.org.
* A minority serving institution is a federally recognized Title IV institution of higher education that serves minority populations